SBA Veterans Advantage Loan Program
SBA Veterans Advantage, beginning January 1, 2014 and continuing through September 30, 2017, is intended to facilitate lending to veteran-owned small businesses so that they have the tools they need to start and grow their businesses.
Businesses must be 51% or more owned and controlled by an individual or individuals in one or more of the following groups:
- Veterans (other thank dishonorably discharged)
- Service-Disabled Veterans;
- Active Duty Military service member participating in the military’s Transition Assistance Program (TAP);
- Reservists and National Guard members; or
- Current spouse of any Veteran, Active Duty service member, or any Reservist or National Guard member; or widowed spouse of a service member who died while in service or of a service-connected disability.